Wednesday 9 January 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1935 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Dick Enberg in Mount Clemens: Michigan, USA; sportscaster (Where's Huddles).
- Bob Denver in New Rochelle: New York, USA; actor (Dobie Gillis, Gilligan - Gilligan's Island).
- Dick Enberg: American sports announcer, Enberg began broadcasting in college.
- John McCormack: Known as "Cowboy" because of his bow legs, McCormack started boxing in 1950 at the age of fifteen.
- Kenneth "Buddy" Scott: Blues guitarist / singer.
- Earl Graves: Sr. American businessman and publisher founded Black Enterprise magazine
- Earl G Graves: Sr., African-American publisher
- Brian Harradine: Australian independent Senator
- Bob Denver: American actor in film and TV, a comedian best known for his role in two TV comedy series. Adept at portraying characters with eccentric personalities, he played Maynard G. Krebs, a worldly-wise, goateed beatnik who responded to any mention of labor with a falsetto screech, "work!" in "The Many Lives of Dobie Gillis," 1959. Dobie Gillis ran four seasons and he took off a year before reappearing as the befuddled Gilligan in "Gilligan's Island" 1964-67. The series was a hit for three years before
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?