Thursday 16 October 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 16 October 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 October
- American second largest bank Citigroup posts its fourth straight quarterly loss of $13 billion due to write-downs and credit losses. The bank has recorded US$71 billion in losses over five quarters.
- An earthquake of Richter scale 6.5 magnitude strikes the Pacific coasts of Guatemala and Mexico. (Reuters)
- An explosion at a coal mine in Shizuishan city in the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region in the People's Republic of China results in at least 16 deaths. (AP via IHT)
- 2008 Cambodian-Thai stand-off: Cambodia and Thailand agree to joint border controls following a recent clash. (AFP via the ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency sets a new standard, cutting the amount of lead that can be released into the atmosphere by 90 percent. (CNN)
- United States economy
- The United States consumer price index remains unchanged during September as falling costs for clothes, gasoline and new cars helped to offset rising food and medical prices. (AP via CNN)
- Industrial production in the United States falls by 2.8% due to the impact of hurricanes, a strike at Boeing and the credit crunch. (Bloomberg)
- Ilham Aliyev, President of Azerbaijan wins an 89.04 percent landslide victory in the Azerbaijani presidential election to get re-elected. The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe criticizes the elections, though it notes progress. (OSCE/ODIHR)
- 2008 British Columbia pipeline bombings: A second blast hits a gas pipeline in northern British Columbia near the town of Dawson Creek. (CBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?