Sunday 5 October 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
The Wrestler, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Los 80.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Commander in Chief or Race Driver: Grid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 October 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 October
- Animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuts in the USA.
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- The German government moves to back troubled Hypo Real Estate with a 50 billion euro rescue plan. (MarketWatch)
- Rugby League: The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles win the 2008 NRL Grand Final, defeating the Melbourne Storm 40-0. (AAP via the ''Melbourne Age'')
- Thai police arrest former mayor of Bangkok and protest leader Chamlong Srimuang on charges of insurrection. (AP via Newsday)
- 2008 South Ossetia war
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev ordered the Defense Ministry, law enforcement agencies and the Foreign Ministry to investigate a bombing in the South Ossetian capital, Tskhinvali, on 3 October, 2008. A car, carrying weapons, was detained by Russian peacekeepers in Georian village and transported to Tskhinvali, where it exploded. EU and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development earlier condemned this 'act of terrorism'. Georgian authorities claimed 'Russian special services' 'were
- Authorities detain separatist leader and impose curfew in anticipation of a separatist rally to be held on Monday in Kashmir. (BBC News)
- Apirak Kosayothin is re-elected as Governor of Bangkok. (Thai News Agency)
- Senior British Commander says military victory in Afghanistan is impossible. (CBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?