Wednesday 29 October 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Um Mundo Catita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Biology Battle or Coffeetime Crosswords.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2008 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- Mike Baker: American singer Shadow Gallery (Born 1963).
- Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries sells a US 1868 3-cent rose George Washington postage stamp with "B" grill embossing for US$900,000 (US$1,035,000 with buyer's fee). The stamp is one of four known.
- Delta Air Lines merges with Northwest Airlines, creating the world's largest airline and reducing the number of US legacy carriers to 5.
- The American Federal Reserve announces it will loan up to US$30 billion to Brazil, Singapore, South Korea, and Mexico.
- The Philadelphia Phillies win the 2008 World Series 4 games to 1, defeating the Tampa Bay Rays 4-3 in Game 5. (''The New York Times'')
- India's Viswanathan Anand retains the World Chess Championship title in Bonn, Germany, by defeating Russia’s Vladimir Kramnik. (CNN-IBN)
- Danish-based low-cost carrier Sterling Airlines files for bankruptcy and stops all passenger flights after its cash-strapped Icelandic investors were unable keep the company afloat. (''The Guardian'')
- Suicide bombers attack targets in Somalia: Hargeisa, the capital of the self-proclaimed republic of Somaliland, and Bosaso, a city in the autonomous state of Puntland. (BBC News)
- At least 100 people die after a 6.4 magnitude earthquake in Pakistan in the city of Ziarat. (CNN)
- Mohamed Nasheed of the Maldivian Democratic Party is elected President of the Maldives in the country's first democratic election. (AFP via Google)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?