Friday 3 October 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
RocknRolla, directed by Guy Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 3 October 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 October
- The U.S. House of Representatives approves the modified US$700 billion bank bailout plan, voting 263 in favor, 171 against. President George Bush quickly signs the bill into law.
- The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 for the US financial system is signed by President Bush.
- Global financial crisis: U.S. President George W. Bush signs the revised Emergency Economic Stabilization Act into law, creating a 700 billion dollar Treasury fund to purchase failing bank assets.ref name = quotAssociated Press-Raum-2008-10-03quotRaum, Tom (October 3, 2008) =20081028183632}}
- NASA's MESSENGER spacecraft makes its second of three flybys of Mercury, decreasing the velocity for orbital insertion on March 18, 2011.
- An earthquake measuring 6.6 magnitude kills at least 65 in Kyrgyzstan.
- Symantec acquired PC Tools for $262,000,000.ampref name=ampquothttpampquotamp
- Global financial crisis: Russia agrees to provide Iceland with a four-billion-euro loan.
- The meteoroid 2008 TCampsubamp3amp/subamp impacts Earth, becoming the first such object to be discovered prior to impact.
- 2008 South Ossetia war aftermath:
- An attempt of assassination of head of the Akhalgori Ossetian administration, Anatoli Margiev failed. He survived the explosion of a bomb planted on a road in Georgian village while driving to Tskhinvali, South Ossetia. (Rustavi 2)
- Two teenagers are injured after blowing up a landmine at the territory of the military base in Gori, Georgia. (Rustavi 2)
- Seven Russian soldiers die from an explosion in breakaway South Ossetian capital, Tskhinvali. (CNN)
- PACE calls for international probe into the 2008 South Ossetia war. (Civil Georgia)
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- In response to the 2008 Chinese milk scandal, Australia begins withdrawing Chinese-made Kirin milk tea from shops after discovering it contained melamine in tests. (The Australian)
- Greece announces it will follow Ireland's lead and guarantee all bank deposits in the country. (RTÉ)
- 2008 Russian financial crisis:
- Both of Russia's main stock exchanges, the MICEX and RTS, suspend trading of stocks ampquotfor technical reasonsampquot as the markets rally after a 1-1/2 day trading halt that ended earlier in the morning. (''Financial Times'')
- Investigators in the United States announce that they have found human remains in what is believed to be the wreckage of Steve Fossett's plane, which went missing over California a year ago. (BBC News)
- The remains of a Viking-era stave church, including the skeletal remains of a woman, is uncovered near the cemetery of the Lännäs church in Odensbacken outside Örebro in central Sweden. (The Local)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?