Friday 3 February 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1956 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Pamela Cossey: England, United Kingdom -- Model / sister of transsexual Tula.
- Nathan Lane in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; actor (Birdcage, Timon - The Lion King, Mouse Hunt, One of the Boys, Frankie and Johnnie).
- Henry-Claude Cousseau: French arts official, the directer of l’école nationale supérieure des beaux-arts (ENSBA), the distinguished National School of Fine Arts in Paris, France.
- Nathan Lane: American actor, a Hollywood, television and Broadway star known for his outrageous scene-stealing comedy roles.
- Lee Ranaldo: American guitarist and founding member of Sonic Youth, a pioneering NYC post-punk band formed in 1981.
- Toni Sailor becomes first Olympics skier to sweep the three alpine events.
- Autherine J Lucy is admitted to University of Alabama; suspended February 7 after a riot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?