Wednesday 20 May 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 May 2009 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 May
- The United Kingdom's House of Lords suspends Thomas Taylor and Peter Truscott until November for misconduct. (BBC)
- South East Queensland, Australia, is declared a natural disaster zone, following flooding. (ABC News Australia)
- Iran launches a Sajjil-2 medium-range surface-to-surface missile. (BBC)
- An Air Force C-130 Hercules aircraft crashes in Java, Indonesia, killing at least 98 people. (Reuters)
- ''The Globe and Mail'' refutes portions of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney's testimony about his relationship with German arms dealer Karlheinz Schreiber. (''Globe and Mail'')
- The International Security Assistance Force reports that the Taliban are using white phosphorus in the Afghanistan War. (CNN)
- Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond activates Whitelee Wind Farm, Europe's largest onshore wind farm. (NCE)
- Three civilians die during combat between Islamist insurgents and the African Union Mission in Mogadishu, Somalia. (BBC)
- Japan's economy contracted by 4% during the first fiscal quarter of 2009. (BBC)
- Ireland's Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse concludes that the Roman Catholic Church and the Department of Education knew sexual abuse was ampquotendemicampquot in boys’ institutions. (RTÉ)
- A car bomb kills at least 34 people and injures 72 others in Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC)
- The Provincial Police of Woodstock, Ontario, Canada, charge two people with abducting and murdering Victoria Stafford. (CTV)
- FC Shakhtar Donetsk defeat SV Werder Bremen to win the final UEFA Cup. (UEFA)
- Kris Allen is crowned the new ''American Idol''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?