Monday 29 October 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Champagne, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2007 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- The strain of HIV most common in the United States, Europe, Japan, Australia and much of South America is traced back to Haiti in 1969. (BBC)
- The USS ''Arleigh Burke'' enters Somali waters in pursuit of a Japanese ship carrying benzene that was hijacked by pirates. (CNN)
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia claims the Government of the United Kingdom failed to act on intelligence given to it by the Government of Saudi Arabia which could have prevented the 7 July 2005 London bombings. (Guardian Unlimited)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert announces that he has been diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer. (NYT)
- Salim Aliyow Ibrow becomes Prime Minister of Somalia in the Transitional Federal Government as the embattled Ali Mohamed Ghedi resigns. (BBC)
- The UK embassy in Baku, Azerbaijan, is closed as a precaution after a terrorist attack in the city is prevented. The US embassy also closes its doors after the Azerbaijan Government reports of the thwarting of a ampquotlarge-scale, horrifying terror attack.ampquot (AP)
- People's Republic of China:
- The Central Committee of the Communist Party of China announces that new Politburo Standing Committee member Li Keqiang has left his post as party secretary of Liaoning and is succeeded by Liaoning Governor Zhang Wenyue. (Xinhua)
- The Chinese government announces that it has arrested 774 people as part of a crackdown on the production of tainted drugs, food and agricultural products. (NYT)
- An earthquake with magnitude of five on Richter scale shakes central Nepal.
- All banks and post offices in Borlänge, Sweden, are kept closed by the local police due to an ampquotelevated risk level of bank robberyampquot.
- Kasereka Kabamba, a Mai Mai militia leader in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, surrenders to Nord-Kivu Army Chief Vainqueur Mayala. Kabamba maintains his forces fought against rebels loyal to Laurent Kabila, in the service of the government. (BBC)
- One of two men alleged to be involved in a gay-sex-and-drugs blackmail plot against a minor member of the British Royal Family will appear in court this week. (Times Online)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 October 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?