Wednesday 10 October 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Paranormal Activity, directed by Oren Peli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shimmy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 7 Wonders of the Ancient World or Bratz: The Movie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 10 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 October
- Mehmed Uzun: contemporary Kurdish writer and novelist (Born 1953).
- The Foreign Affairs Committee of the US House of Representatives passes a resolution calling the Ottoman empire's slaughter of Armenians in 1915-23 genocide.
- The SuccessTech Academy school shooting occurs in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Polish police evict about 65 rebellious ex-nuns who had illegally occupied a convent in Kazimierz Dolny, Poland, for more than two years in defiance of a Vatican order. (AP)
- The general election in the Canadian province of Ontario gives the Liberal government of Premier Dalton McGuinty an enlarged majority. (Bloomberg)
- Tibetan exiles storm the embassy of the People's Republic of China in New Delhi to protest the lack of religious freedom in China. (AP via CNN)
- Taliban frees one German and four Afghan hostages kidnapped in mid-July.
- The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns consumers not to eat Banquet pot pies or other pot pies made by ConAgra with a printed code ending in C9 due to possible links with a salmonella outbreak. (AP via WJBF)
- Mahmoud Abbas, the President of the Palestinian Authority, spells out his conditions for a peace deal with Israel prior to a conference in Annapolis, Maryland next month. (The Guardian)
- The United Automobile Workers reaches a tentative agreement with Chrysler shortly after workers commence strike action. (Fox News)
- The first Malaysian astronaut, Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, and the first female space station commander, Peggy Whitson, are launched towards the International Space Station on board Soyuz TMA-11. (Spaceflightnow)
- German scientist Gerhard Ertl is announced as the winner of the 2007 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his work on chemical processes on solid surfaces. (BBC)
- The International Monetary Fund warns of a slowdown of the global economy in 2008 as a result of financial turmoil on global markets. (BBC)
- An earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale is recorded just south of Katanning, Western Australia, and felt as far away as Perth, Western Australia. (ABC)
- Sonic the Hedgehog was officially announced to be in the best-selling video game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?