Thursday 1 January 1920, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn] and Roger Peacock.
Shakuntala, directed by Suchet Singh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1920 ?
- Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn]: Dutch actress (Yerma, Titania).
- Roger Peacock: writer.
- Alfred Tomatis: Son of a French opera singer.
- Marceau Stricanne: France sport Champion.
- Osvaldo Cavandoli: Italian cartoonist, creator of La Linea (Born 1920).
- Mahmoud Zoufonoun: Iranian-American violinist (d. 2013)
- The Belorussian Communist Organisation is founded as a separate party.
- Babe Ruth is traded by the Red Sox for $125,000, the largest sum ever paid for a player at that time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas Time at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?