Thursday 1 January 1920, NewYear’s DayUS date format: 1/1/1920, UK date format: 1/1/1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Tomatis and Roger Peacock.
The Woman in the Suitcase, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1920 ?
- Alfred Tomatis: Son of a French opera singer.
- Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn]: Dutch actress (Yerma, Titania).
- Roger Peacock: writer.
- Marceau Stricanne: France sport Champion.
- Osvaldo Cavandoli: Italian cartoonist, creator of La Linea (Born 1920).
- Mahmoud Zoufonoun: Iranian-American violinist (d. 2013).
- The Belorussian Communist Organisation is founded as a separate party.
- Babe Ruth is traded by the Red Sox for $125,000, the largest sum ever paid for a player at that time.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison