Thursday 1 January 1920, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Tomatis and Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn].
Shakuntala, directed by Suchet Singh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1920 ?
- Alfred Tomatis: Son of a French opera singer.
- Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn]: Dutch actress (Yerma, Titania).
- Roger Peacock: writer.
- Marceau Stricanne: France sport Champion.
- Osvaldo Cavandoli: Italian cartoonist, creator of La Linea (Born 1920).
- Mahmoud Zoufonoun: Iranian-American violinist (d. 2013).
- The Belorussian Communist Organisation is founded as a separate party.
- Babe Ruth is traded by the Red Sox for $125,000, the largest sum ever paid for a player at that time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas Time at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?