Wednesday 1 February 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude François and Fritjof Capra.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vine Street.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1939 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Claude François: French pop singer and songwriter born in Egypt, he wrote "Comme d'habitude, in 1967 the original version of "My Way.
- Fritjof Capra: Austrian-American theoretical physicist.
- Joe Sample: American jazz pianist.
- Dario Campeotto
- Claude Francois: French singer (d. 1978).
- Paul Gillmor: American lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Kallam Anji Reddy: Businessman.
- Yuri Rost: Russian photographer journalist and traveler.
- Ekaterina Maximova: Soviet and Russian ballerina (d. 2009).
- Del McCoury: Bluegrass singer / musician.
- Ray Sawyer: Rocker.
- Paul E: Gillmor; American politician (Representative-Republican-Ohio).