Monday 1 January 1912, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victor Reuther and Boris Vladimirovich Gnedenko.
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1912 ?
- Victor Reuther: Wheeling, West Virginia -- Labor leader.
- Boris Vladimirovich Gnedenko: Russian mathematician (d. 1995).
- Kim Philby: British double agent, a master spy and traitor, the mysterious "third man" whose unmasking as Soviet agent in 1963 rocked the empire.
- Boris Gnedenko: Russian mathematician and historian (d. 1995).
- Nikiforos Vrettakos: Greek poet and academic (d. 1991).
- The Republic of China is established.
- Sun Yat-sen forms Chinese Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?