Monday 1 January 1912, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Philby and Boris Vladimirovich Gnedenko.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1912 ?
- Kim Philby: British double agent, a master spy and traitor, the mysterious "third man" whose unmasking as Soviet agent in 1963 rocked the empire.
- Victor Reuther: Wheeling, West Virginia -- Labor leader.
- Boris Vladimirovich Gnedenko: Russian mathematician (d. 1995).
- Boris Gnedenko: Russian mathematician and historian (d. 1995).
- Nikiforos Vrettakos: Greek poet and academic (d. 1991).
- The Republic of China is established.
- Sun Yat-sen forms Chinese Republic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker