Tuesday 1 January 1918, NewYear’s Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Émile Genevoix and Johnny Man Young.
Birds of a Feather, directed by Curtis Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1918 ?
- Émile Genevoix
- Johnny Man Young
- Willy den Ouden
- Émile Genevois: French film actor who appeared in over ninety films and television programmes, generally in character roles.
- Emile Genevois: France Actor.
- Willy den Ouden Dutch swimmer (world record 100m 1: 04.
- Patrick Porteous: Scottish colonel Victoria Cross recipient (d. 2000).
- Ed Price: American soldier pilot and politician (d. 2012).
- Alwin Wosthoff: France Actor.
- Frances Bay: Canadian actress.
- Dominique Fournier: French model with the Lanvin fashion house who married actor Jean Gabin on 28 March 1949, two months after they met.
- Wilfred Campbell: Canadian poet (Born 1858).
- Last day of the Julian calendar in Finland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band