Sunday 1 December 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Pryor and Alain Scoff.
The Philadelphia Story, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Richard Pryor: American comedian and actor.
- Alain Scoff
- Richard Pryor in Illinois: USA; comedian/actor (Lady Sings the Blues, Stir Crazy).
- Matthias Habich: Actor (Straight to the Heart, A Corps Perdu).
- Tasso Wild: German footballer.
- Mike Denness: Scottish-English cricketer and referee (d. 2013).
- Ron Finn: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL linesman.
- Manuel Ávila Camacho takes office as President of Mexico.