Tuesday 1 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Amadou and Ken Arthurson.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1929 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Jean Amadou: French entertainer, TV host, he created the "Bebete Show" for the private channel TF1 (with Stéphane Collaro and Jean Roucas).
- Ken Arthurson: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Grady Chapman: American singer (The Robins) (d. 2011).
- Bonnie Owens: American singer-songwriter (The Strangers) (d. 2006).
- Antoine Bourdelle: French sculptor, painter, and teacher.