Sunday 2 April 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 2, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marvin Gaye and Christian Jaccard.
Double Deal, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1939 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Marvin Gaye: American singer, songwriter, keyboard player and drummer, one of the lead stars of the Motown group during the '60's and '70s and an influential force in the music scene.
- Christian Jaccard: Swiss-French painter and sculptor.
- Pertti Paasio: Finnish politician from the Social Democratic Party.
- John Snow: American legal economist and CEO in charge of CSX, a transportation company.
- Phil Niekro: Athlete.
- Lise Thibault: Canadian journalist and politician 27th Lieutenant Governor of Quebec.
- Anthony Lake: American academic and diplomat 18th United States National Security Advisor.
- Marvin P Gaye Jr in Washington: DC, USA; singer ("Sexual Healing").
- 6th Golf Masters Championship: Ralph Guldahl wins, shooting a 279.