Monday 2 January 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lynda Barry and John Lloyd.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Diane, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Edge Of The Sea by Rachel Carson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1956 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
Famous Birthdays:02 January
- Poujadists / communists win French parliamentary elections
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?