Thursday 2 January 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julius La Rosa and Julius LaRosa in Brooklyn.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1930 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Julius LaRosa in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (fired by Arthur Godfrey on the air).
- Julius La Rosa: American singer.
- Luis Ferrero Acosta: Costa Rican essayist, intellectual and art specialist.
- William Hoover: American computer technician and contractor; formerly in charge of DP operations at JPL, a computer sciences company.
- Pierre Joly: French chemist and researcher in pharmacology.