Monday 20 January 1930US date format: 1/20/1930, UK date format: 20/1/1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buzz Aldrin and Raymond Van Gestel.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1930 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Buzz Aldrin: American astronaut, the second man to walk on the moon after Neil Armstrong on 7/20/1969.
- Edwin E "Buzz" Aldrin Jr in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (Gemini 12, Apollo 11).
- Raymond Van Gestel: Belgium sport Champion.
- Edwin Aldrin: Montclair Military man.
- Blair Lent: American author and illustrator (d. 2009).
- 1st radio broadcast of Lone Ranger (WXYZ-Detroit)
- First radio broadcast of The Lone Ranger (WXYZ-Detroit).