Thursday 30 January 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Hackman and Elizabeth Burrows.
Men Without Women, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1930 ?
- Gene Hackman: American actor, versatile with a force of personality, a bottled-up quality that springs from deep personal reserve.
- Elizabeth Burrows: American parapsychologist, a Christian mystic and author and an inspired spiritual teacher.
- Gene Hackman in California: USA; actor (Bonnie and Clyde, Under Fire, Superman).
- Sandy Amoros: Cuban baseball player (d. 1992).
- Alfred Herrhausen: German CEO (Deutsche Bank), murdered at 59.
- Samuel Byck: American attempted assassin of Richard Nixon (d. 1974).
- Jānis Krūmiņš: Latvian basketball player (d. 1994).
- Magnus Malan: South African general and politician; South African Minister of Defence (d. 2011).
- Magnus Adem: Malan; South African minister of Defense (1980-).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?