Wednesday 15 January 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Graboski and Michel Chapuis (organist).
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1930 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Joe Graboski
- Michel Chapuis (organist)
- Michel Chapuis: French classical organist and pedagogue.
- Onzy Matthews: American jazz pianist, singer, arranger and composer as well as a television and movie actor.
- Eddie Graham: American professional wrestler and promoter (Born 1930).
- George Headley scores cricket century on debut versus England (made 176).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?