Saturday 2 June 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Bastide and William Standish Knowles.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1917 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- William Standish Knowles: Scientist.
- Roger Bastide: French sociologist, dies at age 76.
- Jean Mahe: France Military man.
- Heinz Sielmann: German photographer and filmmaker (d. 2006).
- Max Showalter: Caldwell, Kansas -- Actor / composer (Stockard Channing Show).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Fritz Kreisler
- Livery Stable Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- For Me and My Gal - Prince's Orchestra
- Poor Butterfly - Charles Harrison