Thursday 2 July 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Sinclair and Paul Cambo.
Maria Marten, directed by William Haggar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1908 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?