Monday 2 November 1942US date format: 11/2/1942, UK date format: 2/11/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 2, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Stefanie Powers and Louise-Yvonne Casetta.
You Were Never Lovelier, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1942 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Stefanie Powers: American actress, an attractive,...
- Louise-Yvonne Casetta
- Marcel Fontaine: French military man and diplomat, sent...
- Stefanie Powers in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Girl From...
- Marcia Wallace: Actress.
- Shere Hite: American-German sexologist author and...
- Shere Hite in Saint Joseph: Missouri, USA; sex therapist (Hite...
- Larry Flynt: Publisher.
- John Spratt: Politician.
- 11th day of battle at El Alamein: British assault on Tel el Aqqaqir
- Montgomery (Br) defeats Rommel (G) in battle of Alamein Egypt (WWII)
- A USAF squadron, including B-24 Liberators, intercepts many Luftwaffe patrols off the coast of Oran, Algeria.