Sunday 3 January 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vida McConaughey .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Magic, directed by Robert Davi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Imperial Cruise by James Bradley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Neon Tiki Tribe Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time or Cosmos X2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 2010 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Vida McConaughey: American noted family, the daughter and second child of actor Matthew McConaughey and model/designer Camila Alves.
- The United States and the United Kingdom close their embassies in Yemen due to the ongoing security threat by Al Qaeda.
- A 5.1 magnitude earthquake leaves 20,000 homeless and causes US$1.5 million in damage in eastern Tajikistan. (RIA Novosti)
- The death toll as a result of recent mudslides which have hit Brazil rises to more than 85, including at least 29 in a hotel collapse, and two nuclear power stations are intended to be shut down as a precaution. (BBC)
- The Eritrean military claims at least 10 Ethiopian soldiers were killed and 2 captured when Ethiopia launched an armed incursion into Eritrea. The Ethiopian military claims 25 Eritrean soldiers were killed while attacking Ethiopian positions. (AFP)
- At least 47 people are killed during heavy fighting in the Somali town of Dhuusa Mareeb. (''Gulf Times'')
- A fire destroys one of Africa's most popular markets in Kumasi, Ghana. (UPI)
- Remains of the first plane taken to Antarctica in 1912 are discovered by Australian researchers. (AFP)
- More than 1,000 people are evacuated after days of flooding in New South Wales, Australia. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of Peru upholds a 25 year prison sentence for former President Alberto Fujimori, convicted of mass human rights violations. (RTT News)
- Mexican police arrest alleged drug lord Carlos Beltrán Leyva in Culiacán, Sinaloa. (CNN)
- Japan doubles a state-sponsored credit line to troubled airline Japan Airlines to Y200bn (US$2.2bn). (AFP)
- Hundreds of people attempt to control a large diesel leak into a major tributary of the Yellow River, the Wei River, in Shaanxi, China. (''China Daily'')
- Two trains collide near the city of Bilecik in northwestern Turkey, killing one and injuring at least four others. (CNN)
- Several British Muslim writers speak out about ''Prime Suspect'' writer Lynda La Plante's complaint against the BBC regarding how much more difficult it is to have her scripts commissioned than it would be for a ampquotlittle Muslim boyampquot. (''Scotland on Sunday'')
- The Colombian volcano Galeras erupts, forcing the evacuation of 8,000 people. (TVNZ)
- Mount Nyamuragira in the Democratic Republic of the Congo erupts, threatening rare wildlife in the Virunga National Park. (BBC)
- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown announces that full body scanners will be introduced at UK airports following the failed attack on Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on Christmas Day. (BBC)
- Lowly League One team Leeds United defeated Manchester United, 1-0 at Old Trafford, thanks to a great goal by Jermaine Beckford, scored at the Stretford End to knock Manchester United out of the FA Cup in the Third Round. (The Guardian)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 January 2010
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Xerez : 1 - 0
- Getafe - Valladolid : 1 - 0
- Mallorca - Ath Bilbao : 2 - 0
- Osasuna - Real Madrid : 0 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cadiz - Gimnastic : 0 - 1
- Celta - Murcia : 1 - 1
- Elche - Las Palmas : 2 - 5
- Vallecano - Levante : 0 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Dundee - Airdrie Utd : 0 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Celtic - Rangers : 1 - 1
- Hibernian - Hearts : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?