Tuesday 5 January 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Spy Next Door, directed by Brian Levant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiere bis unters Dach.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deadliest Warrior: The Game or Mario Sports Mix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 January 2010 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 January
- Murray Saltzman: Reform Jewish rabbi and civil rights leader (Born 1929).
- As many as 1,000 people in the Solomon Islands are reportedly homeless following the two major earthquakes and tsunami which struck the country earlier this week. (Time Magazine)
- At least seven people are killed and 20 missing after a bridge collapse in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. (IOL)
- The Yemeni government launches campaigns in three provinces to battle Al-Qaeda fighters. (''Times of India'')
- Slovakia admits responsibility for a major bomb alert on Dorset Street in Dublin, Ireland, after planting explosives on a civilian as a test. (BBC)
- Iran bans its citizens from contact with 60 international organisations and media outlets over claims they conspired against the country. (''The Times'')
- The President of Iceland Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson announces a referendum during a live televised speech. (Iceland Review)
- Facebook blocks a social network suicide website. (IOL)
- Andal Ampatuan, Jr., charged with 41 counts of murder in the Maguindanao massacre in November, pleads not guilty at the beginning of his trial in the Philippines. (AFP)
- Opposition parties in Nigeria raise their concerns over ampquotmissingampquot President Umaru Yar'Adua who has been at a hospital in Saudi Arabia for six weeks. (Afrique en ligne)
- The World Food Programme suspends its operations in southern Somalia due to rising instability in the region. (Xinhua)
- The US State Department announces that they are revamping how foreign delegations are handled, in response to a Secret Service report that a third man had crashed the state dinner for the Prime Minister of India. (Associated Press)
- The suicide bomber from Jordan, Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, who killed seven CIA agents in Afghanistan, is reported to be an al-Qaeda triple agent. (''The Guardian'')
- The United States reopens its embassy in Yemen after strikes on al-Qaeda. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom is once again deluged by heavy snowfall as the country endures its worst cold snap since 1979. (BBC)
- A Learjet cargo plane on approach to Chicago Executive Airport crashes into the Des Plaines River in Wheeling, Illinois. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Warren Buffett who through Berkshire Hathaway controls a significant block of the shares of Kraft came out in opposition to Kraft's proposal to float 370 million shares in order to fund its bid for the UK based confectioner Cadbury. (''Washington Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 January 2010
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Stoke - Fulham : 3 - 2
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Atromitos - Aris : 0 - 3
- Kavala - Levadeiakos : 2 - 2
- Larisa - Asteras Tripolis : 1 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ancona - Triestina : 2 - 1
- Crotone - Cittadella : 1 - 1
- Empoli - Sassuolo : 1 - 1
- Frosinone - Ascoli : 1 - 5
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Papers - Usher
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Ludacris - How Low
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Baby By Me - 50 Cent Featuring Ne-Yo
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Equivocada - Thalia
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Owners at four high-end resorts are seeking $24 billion from Credit Suisse and Cushman & Wakefield, claiming they knowingly inflated the value of resort projects. [..]
This period might be called the Great Ambiguity — a time of debate over the clarity of economic indicators and the staying power of apparent gains. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $43.36
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $65.56
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $71.64
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $52.14
- 1 CHF = 6.6047 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5748 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9948 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.229 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?