Wednesday 27 January 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pretty the Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda or Barbie: Groom and Glam Pups.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 27 January 2010 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 January
- The 2009 Honduran constitutional crisis ends when Porfirio Lobo Sosa becomes the new President of Honduras.
- At least 20 people are injured after a five-storey apartment building collapses following a gas explosion in Liège, Belgium. (RTÉ)
- Machu Picchu mudslides:
- New Zealanders, Britons, Chinese and Irish tourists are among the thousands trapped after mudslides in the Incan capital Machu Picchu. (RTÉ)
- Some wealthier tourists pay $500 to escape the devastation which has killed at least 10 people. (''The Times'')
- Aftermath of 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown says seven-year-old Charlie Simpson, who rode five miles and raised more than £200,000 for the 2010 Haiti earthquake fund, is ampquottruly inspirationalampquot as his spouse Sarah Brown meets him in his absence at Downing Street. (BBC)
- Pop star Susan Boyle is ampquotshocked but unharmedampquot after disturbing an intruder at her house in Scotland as she returns from recording her part for Simon Cowell's charity single for Haiti. (''Washington Post'')
- Incumbent President of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa is declared the winner of Sunday's presidential election, defeating opposition candidate Sarath Fonseka. (BBC)
- North Korea fires artillery shots into the sea near the disputed Northern Limit Line maritime border, with South Korea returning fire. (''Times of India'')
- The highest surface wind gust ever recorded of 220 kt at Barrow Island, Australia in 1996 is ratified by the WMO. (WMO).
- Ireland is hit by two earthquakes over a 24-hour period, described as ampquotunusualampquot by experts. (''The Irish Times'')
- The Supreme Court of the United Kingdom overturns two Orders in Council that froze the assets of unconvicted suspects in terrorism cases. (BBC News)
- The Secretary of the Treasury of the U.S., Timothy Geithner, appears before a committee of the United States House of Representatives to discuss his actions in 2008, when he was the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, in the rescue of troubled insurance industry giant AIG. (New York Times)
- Steve Jobs unveils the Apple iPad, a tablet PC at a press conference in San Francisco. (Engadget)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 January 2010
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Newcastle - Crystal Palace : 2 - 0
- Scunthorpe - Sheffield Weds : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Histon - Luton : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Arbroath - East Fife : 0 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Burton - Lincoln : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?