Saturday 16 January 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Winter's Bone, directed by Debra Granik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crystal Monsters or Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2010 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- Glen Bell: WW2 Veteran and the founder of Taco Bell.
- Previously unknown Florence Green, at 108, is believed to be Britain's oldest surviving UK-resident First World War veteran, and the last known female First World War veteran, having served with the Women's RAF (WRAF) in 1918 (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Aftermath of 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- A 4.5 magnitude aftershock strikes Haiti within days of the recent devastating earthquake. (Sky News)
- The United Nations says the earthquake is the worst disaster it has ever had to deal with in its history. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Spanish politician Gaspar Llamazares says the United States's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) use of his photo in its ampquotshamelessampquot digital manipulation of Osama Bin Laden for a wanted poster, has left him insecure and worried about travelling to the United States in future. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The German government asks its citizens to stop using Microsoft's web browser Internet Explorer to protect their own security. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The first detailed measurements of the melting point of diamond indicate that it behaves similarly to water in that the solid floats on the liquid. (''Popular Science'')
- The Afghan parliament for a second time rejects most of President Hamid Karzai's cabinet nominees. (''The Hindu'')
- India's National Security Advisor M K Narayanan steps down as part of an overhaul of security in the country. (''Times of India'')
- China announces an increase of 28% in the number of internet users in the country, now at 384 million. (''The Independent'')
- Authorities in Cuba are investigating the death of 26 patients at a psychiatric hospital after a spell of unusually cold weather. (''Havana Times'')
- Another church is attacked in Malaysia and a mosque also targeted for the first time in a row over the use of the word ampquotAllahampquot by non-Muslims. (AFP)
- Kenya will deport a radical Jamaican Muslim cleric Abdullah el-Faisal after protests against his detention led to rioting. (''Daily Nation'')
- Australian police bust a $A18 million cannabis crop. The cannabis crop has been found growing on leased land in a national park in northern New South Wales. (''Otago Daily Times'')
- Japanese politician Ichiro Ozawa vows to stay on after the arrests of several of his aides in a growing funding scandal in the Democratic Party of Japan. (Canadian Press)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 January 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Inter : 2 - 2
- Cagliari - Livorno : 3 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Genk : 1 - 3
- Roeselare - Mechelen : 1 - 2
- St Truiden - Lokeren : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Werder Bremen : 1 - 0
- Hamburg - Freiburg : 2 - 0
- Hannover - Hertha : 0 - 3
- Leverkusen - Mainz : 4 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - St Pauli : 0 - 2
- Greuther Furth - Kaiserslautern : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?