Sunday 24 January 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Deeper Than The Dead by Tami Hoag was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiere bis unters Dach.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Karate Champ or Crafting Mama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 January 2010 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 January
- Pernell Roberts: American actor & singer, last surviving star of Bonanza (Born 1928).
- Aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- Haiti is rocked by another earthquake. (TVNZ)
- The Haitian government announces the death toll from the recent earthquake has reached 150,000 in the capital Port-au-Prince alone. (BBC)
- A minute's silence is held before games in the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations. (CNN)
- France holds two fund-raising concerts in Le Zénith de Paris and the Bataclan. (France24)
- In the National Football League, the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints win playoff games to advance to Super Bowl XLIV. (AP)
- One person is killed and three more are injured when an explosion occurs at a thermo-electric plant near Gryfino, Poland. (''The Irish Times'')
- The Chinese government denies state involvement in the cyber attacks on Google, while the state-run ''China Daily'' newspaper accuses the United States of hypocrisy. (''China Daily'')
- A flight operated by Kolavia on behalf of Taban Air crashes on landing at Mashhad International Airport, Iran, injuring at least 46 people. (''The New York Times'')
- The Venezuelan government takes six cable television channels off the air, including RCTV, after they refused to transmit government messages. (''The New York Times'')
- Osama Bin Laden claims responsibility for the failed Christmas day bombing attempt in Detroit, USA, last year. (VOA)
- Afghanistan postpones its upcoming parliamentary elections to 18 September due to lack of funds and security concerns. (''The New York Times'')
- North Korea says any attempt by South Korea to launch pre-emptive strikes against its nuclear facilities will be considered a declaration of war. (''The New York Times'')
- Quentin Tarantino's ''Inglourious Basterds'' wins the top prize at the 16th Screen Actors Guild Awards, with Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock winning best actors. (''The New York Times'')
- A spokesman for U.S. President Barack Obama expresses the administration's support for a second term for the incumbent Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, and says lawmakers would send a bad message by ampquotplaying politics in any wayampquot with Bernanke's confirmation. (ABC News)
- Sri Lankan opposition candidate General Sarath Fonseka receives the support of former President Chandrika Kumaratunga in the 2010 presidential election. (BBC)
- The citizens of Nago, Okinawa, elect mayor Susumu Inamine, an opponent of the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma, which is crucial for Japan – United States relations. (BBC News)
- Authorities in Wales arrest two people in connection with the abandonment at the cathedral in Carlow, Ireland of an 8-month-old baby taken from Nottinghamshire, England. (BBC)
- James Cameron's ''Avatar'' becomes (not accounting for inflation) the second highest grossing movie in the United States and Canada and the best selling movie overseasamp!-- as well as the best selling movie worldwide--amp. (''HollywoodReporter'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 January 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Bari : 2 - 1
- Genoa - Atalanta : 2 - 0
- Inter - Milan : 2 - 0
- Lazio - Chievo : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Club Brugge : 2 - 0
- Mechelen - Standard : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hoffenheim - Leverkusen : 0 - 3
- Wolfsburg - FC Koln : 2 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Koblenz : 4 - 2
- Karlsruhe - Paderborn : 1 - 2
- Oberhausen - Augsburg : 0 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Ludacris - How Low
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Papers - Usher
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Equivocada - Thalia
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A Texas oilman, Mr. Mosbacher helped George H. W. Bush win the 1988 presidential election and joined his cabinet. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?