Friday 29 January 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pretty the Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cannon Cadets or Dementium II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 January 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 January
- The Wittelsbach-Graff Diamond goes on public display in Washington, D.C., United States. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The United States approves a US$6 billion arms sales package to Taiwan. (''Taiwan News'')
- Haiti acknowledges the immediate international assistance it received from Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Venezuela following the recent earthquake and confirms the death toll has reached 150,000. (Granma)
- A state of emergency is declared in parts of Bolivia and rescue efforts continue in Peru amid heavy rain and floods in the region. (Andina)
- The offices of defeated Sri Lankan presidential candidate Sarath Fonseka are raided by police. (BBC)
- A Nigerian court dismisses a call for an interim leader to be appointed while President Umaru Yar'Adua is in hospital in Saudi Arabia. (BBC)
- North Korea fires artillery towards South Korean territory at the Northern Limit Line for a third consecutive day. (Yonhap)
- A 25-year-old employee of the Bank of Ireland is detained by authorities in connection with the largest bank robbery in the country's history. (RTÉ)
- First flight of the Russian stealth fighter Sukhoi T-50. (BBC)
- Several people are killed in heavy fighting in the Somalian capital Mogadishu. (Al Jazeera)
- Tony Blair appears at the Iraq Inquiry and is questioned in public for the first time about his decision to take the United Kingdom to war against Iraq. (''The Guardian'')
- Vietnamese author Pham Thanh Nghien, who criticised the ruling Communist Party, is sentenced to four years in prison for spreading propaganda against the state. (BBC)
- Canadan Prime Minister Stephen Harper appoints five new Senators. (''Globe and Mail'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 January 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Germinal - Anderlecht : 0 - 5
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hamburg - Wolfsburg : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - St Pauli : 0 - 2
- Greuther Furth - Cottbus : 1 - 0
- Koblenz - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Angers - Le Havre : 0 - 0
- Bastia - Metz : 1 - 0
- Caen - Chateauroux : 1 - 1
- Clermont - Sedan : 0 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?