Monday 11 January 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Wahlberg .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Book of Eli, directed by The Hughes Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Buried Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CSI: Crime City or Akatsuki no Amaneka to Aoi Kyojin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 11 January 2010 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Margaret Wahlberg: American child of noted family, her parents are actor Mark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham.
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon outlines seven priorities for 2010 and urges a renewed focus on sustainable development, ending poverty, disease and hunger. (Sudan Tribune)
- The People's Republic of China conducts a land-based high-altitude anti-ballistic missile test. (Yahoo! News)
- ''Perry v. Schwarzenegger'', a challenge to California Proposition 8 and likely a landmark case regarding same-sex marriage rights in the United States, begins in San Francisco. (The Associated Press)
- Hundreds of prisoners are transferred from the Ignacio Allende prison in Veracruz, Mexico, in preparation for a controversial Mel Gibson film shoot. Protests from relatives of the prisoners are ignored. (CBC News)
- Wolfgang Wodarg, the Council of Europe's head of health affairs, claims that the 2009 flu pandemic was a ampquotfalse pandemicampquot orchestrated by the pharmaceutical industry to sell vaccines. (''The Sun'')
- Northern Ireland's First Minister Peter Robinson temporarily hands over his position to Arlene Foster in the wake of the ongoing political scandal surrounding his wife and fellow politician Iris Robinson.
- North Korea proposes a peace treaty, replacing the Korean War armistice. (AFP)
- The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences reports that more than 24 million Chinese men of marrying age will be without spouses by the end of the decade, citing an uneven birth rate. (BBC)
- Thousands of supporters of former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra gather outside the home of a royal adviser accused of involvment in the 2006 coup that ousted the Prime Minister. (Al Jazeera)
- Angola makes two arrests over an attack on the Togo national football team in Cabinda Province. (Xinhua)
- The 2010 African Cup of Nations continues without Togo as Malawi unexpectedly beat World Cup qualifiers Algeria by three goals. (Al Jazeera)
- Tombs discovered near Egypt's great pyramids reinforce the theory they were built by free workers rather than slaves. (BBC News)
- People in 16 countries in 44 cities from Adelaide to Zürich cause ampquotscenes of chaos and joy in public placesampquot by removing their trousers in public, with 3,000 people doing it in New York alone. (''Ottawa Citizen'')
- The New York City Health Department seeks national reduction of salt in food. (CNN)
- The United Nations seeks to virtually eliminate mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS in Africa. Michel Sidibé visited Sauri in western Kenya, which is a village of the Millennium Villages Project. (UN News Centre)
- The '''Low Couch diplomatic spat''' between Israel and Turkey. Turkey demands Israeli apology.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 January 2010
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man City - Blackburn : 4 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Gallipoli - Modena : 1 - 0
- Grosseto - Empoli : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Belenenses - Setubal : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?