Friday 4 July 1941, US Independence Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Campeche (Mexico) and Pierre Brochand.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1941 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Pierre Brochand: French diplomat who became director of the French Directorate-General for External Security (DGSE).
- Campeche (Mexico)
- Richard Phelps: Coach.
- Sam Farr: American politician.
- Sergio Oliva: Cuban-American bodybuilder and actor (d. 2012).
- Gloria Allred: Lawyer.
- Pavel Sedláček: Czech singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Brian Willson: American soldier lawyer and activist.
- Tomaž Šalamun: Croatian-Slovenian poet and academic (d. 2014).
- James McCourt: American-born gay writer and novelist who was raised in Ireland.
- Antoni ?omnicki: Polish mathematician (Born 1881).
- Latvia partisans shoot 416 Jews dead
- Politburo of Yugoslav communist party reorganizes
- Howard Florey and Norman Heatley meet for the first time, 11 days later successfully recreate penicillin.
- Nazi Germans massacre Polish scientists and writers in the captured Ukrainian city of Lviv.