Thursday 4 July 1946, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Kovic and Michael Milken.
Canyon Passage, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1946 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Ron Kovic: American Vietnam veteran and hero of the 1990 film "Born on the Fourth of July," which detailed his experiences during and after the war.
- Michael Milken: American stockbroker who made a fortune, $550 million in 1987 alone, through insider trading as a junk-bond king.
- Pearly Gates: American soul singer and member of girl group The Flirtations.
- Tish Howard: Playmate (July, 1966).
- Ed O'Ross: American actor.
- Michael Milken in Los Angeles: California, USA; partner (International Capital Access Group).
- Sam Hunt: Poet.
- Anti Jewish riots in Kielce Poland, 42 die
- Philippines gains independence from US
- The Philippines gain independence from the USA.
- After 381 years of near-continuous colonial rule by various powers, the Philippines attains full independence from the United States.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan