Friday 4 October 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scotty Beckett and Leroy Van Dyke in Spring Fork.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1929 ?
- Scotty Beckett: Oakland, California -- Actor (Listen Darling, Battleground).
- Leroy Van Dyke in Spring Fork: Missouri, USA; country singer ("Walk on By").
- Scott Beckett: American child actor from the age of three who played with Hollywood greats in top films before he was 10.
- Mack E: American psychiatrist, Harvard Medical School professor and Pulitzer-Prize winner, Mack died in an automobile accident in London on September 27, 2004 where he had been attending a conference on T. E. Lawrence.
- Pierre Dizabo: France sport Champion.
- John Mack: American psychiatrist and author (d. 2004).
- Leroy Van Dyke: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- John Metzelaar: Dutch / US writer (Report on the Fishes), dies at 37.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?