Friday 4 October 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 4, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scotty Beckett and Scott Beckett.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1929 ?
- Scotty Beckett: Oakland, California -- Actor (Listen Darling, Battleground).
- Scott Beckett: American child actor from the age of three who played with Hollywood greats in top films before he was 10.
- Mack E: American psychiatrist, Harvard Medical School professor and Pulitzer-Prize winner, Mack died in an automobile accident in London on September 27, 2004 where he had been attending a conference on T. E. Lawrence.
- Leroy Van Dyke in Spring Fork: Missouri, USA; country singer ("Walk on By").
- John Mack: American psychiatrist and author (d. 2004).
- John Metzelaar: Dutch / US writer (Report on the Fishes), dies at 37.