Tuesday 8 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paulinho Nogueira and Valdir Pereira.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1929 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paulinho Nogueira
- Valdir Pereira: Brazilian footballer (d. 2001).
- Betty Boothroyd: English academic and politician British Speaker of the House of Commons.
- Mohammed Nadir Khan occupies Kabul Afghanistan / drives out H Ghazi