Tuesday 8 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paulinho Nogueira and Valdir Pereira.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1929 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paulinho Nogueira
- Valdir Pereira: Brazilian footballer (d. 2001).
- Betty Boothroyd: English academic and politician British Speaker of the House of Commons.
- Mohammed Nadir Khan occupies Kabul Afghanistan / drives out H Ghazi
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?