Monday 14 October 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfredo Santos Buenaventura and Italo Scortichini.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1929 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Alfredo Santos Buenaventura: Composer.
- Italo Scortichini: Italy sport Champion.
- Yvon Durelle: Canadian boxer and wrestler (d. 2007).
- Henri Berger: German composer and royal bandmaster (Born 1844).
- Philadelphia Athletics beat Chicago Cubs, four games to one in 26th World Series. Philadelphia Athletics set World Series record of ten runs in an inning.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?