Tuesday 22 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgio Gaslini and Lev Jasjin.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1929 ?
- Giorgio Gaslini: Composer.
- Lev Jasjin: Russian soccer player (goalie).
- Claude Guillaumin: Courbevoie Journalist.
- Michael Birkett: 2nd Baron Birkett English director and producer (d. 2015).
- Dory Previn: Rahway, New Jersey -- Pop singer (Love Be My Cover).
- Lev Yashin: Soviet footballer (Born 1929)
- French government of Briand falls
- James H Scullin forms Australia government
- The government of Aristide Briand falls in France.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 October 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?