Wednesday 2 October 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Leighton and John Zochonis.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1929 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- John Zochonis: British multi-millionaire soap magnate.
- Kenneth Leighton: Composer.
- Moses Gunn in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Amityville II, Good Times, Shaft).
- Moses Gunn: American actor.
- Howard Roberts: American jazz guitarist.
- Peter Bronfman: Canadian businessman (Born 1928).
- Cesare Maestri: Italian climber, famous for climbing Cerro Torre.