Tuesday 29 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Brasilier and Yevgeny Primakov.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1929 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- André Brasilier: French artist and painter.
- Yevgeny Primakov: Russian politician, a Foreign Minister in 1998, confirmed as Prime Minister on 9/11/1998, at 6:50 PM.
- Black Tuesday Stock Market crashes trigger the Great Depression
- The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or ''Black Tuesday'', ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?