Wednesday 23 October 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shamsur Rahman .
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1929 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Shamsur Rahman: Bangladeshi poet and journalist (d. 2006).
- Thomas F Tout: Historian (Manch school of historiography), dies at 74.
- The first North American transcontinental air service begins between New York City and Los Angeles, California.
- Great Depression: After a steady decline in stock market prices since a peak in September, the New York Stock Exchange begins to show signs of panic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?