Friday 11 October 1929US date format: 10/11/1929, UK date format: 11/10/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 11, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Liselotte Pulver and Daniel Wayenberg.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 October 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1929 ?
- Liselotte Pulver: Swiss actress, a film and TV star of the '50s and '60s from the time of her debut in "Swiss Tour," 1950.
- Daniel Wayenberg: Dutch pianist and composer who was born in France.
- Graham Roberts: Actor.
- Bernard Franck: France Writer.
- Curtis Amy: American saxophonist and clarinetist player (d. 2002).
- Raymond Moriyama: Canadian architect designed the Ottawa Civic Centre and Scarborough Civic Centre.
- JC Penney opens store #1252 in Milford, Delaware, making it a nationwide company with stores in all 48 U.S. states.