Thursday 5 September 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrian Grigoryevich Nikolayev and Bob Newhart in Oak Park.
The Great Gabbo, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1929 ?
- Andrian Grigoryevich Nikolayev: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Vostok III, Soyuz 9).
- Bob Newhart in Oak Park: Illinois, USA; comedian, actor, (Bob Newhart Show, Newhart).
- Andrian Nikolayev: Soviet cosmonaut (d. 2004).
- Robert Mazoyer: French director, scriptwriter and writer who died on 13 October 1999 in Paris.
- Bob Newhart: American actor, comedian, recording artist, and TV series star.
- Andriyan Nikolayev: Russian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2004)
- French Premier A Briand requests a US of Europe
- Aristide Briand presents his plan for the ''United States of Europe''.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?