Tuesday 5 August 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Armstrong and Michal Kovac.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1930 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Neil Armstrong: American astronaut, the first man to set foot on the Moon, on 7/20/1969, 10:56 PM EDT, with the quote, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
- Neil Armstrong in Ohio: USA; X-15 pilot, first moonwalker (Gemini 8, Apollo 11).
- Michal Kovac: Slovakian politician.
- Damita DeBlanc: American actress, comedian, and lounge music performer.
- Richie Ginther: American race car driver (Born 1930).
- Michal Kováč: Slovakian lawyer and politician 1st President of Slovakia.