Thursday 5 December 1901
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walt Disney and Milton Erickson.
The Artist's Dilemma, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1901 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Walt Disney: American cartoonist who created Mickey Mouse in 1928 and later made the first feature-length cartoon ever filmed, "Fantasia," 1940, a visual interpretation of orchestral music.
- Milton Erickson: American hypnotherapist, acknowledged by the two major hypnosis societies as the best in his field.
- Werner Heisenberg: German scientist who, as an atomic physicist, won the Nobel Prize in physics in 1932 for his creation of quantum mechanics and was acknowledged as "the greatest German theoretical physicist.
- Marion Zioncheck
- Marjorie Eaton: American painter and actress (d. 1986).
- Hanns Jelinek: composer.
- Milton H Erickson: American psychiatrist (d. 1980).
- Grace Moore: United States -- Soprano (One Night to Live).