Monday 23 December 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Kostelanetz and Gene Sarazen golfer (PGA 1922.
L'homme à la tête en caoutchouc, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1901 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held