Wednesday December 18, 1901
US date format: 12/18/1901, UK date format: 18/12/1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 18, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
William Tell, directed by Jonathan Haswell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 18, 1901?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 18, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - I'll Be with You When the Roses Bloom Again
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid
- Harry Macdonough - The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid