Friday 5 December 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maaike Jansen and David Wilson.
The Common Touch, directed by John Baxter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1941 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
Famous Birthdays:05 December
- US aircraft carrier Lexington and five heavy cruisers leave Pearl Harbor.
- Sister Elizabeth Kenny's new treatment for infantile paralysis is approved.
- Football Writers Association of America is organized.
- Russian anti-offensive in Moscow drives out German army.
- World War II: In the Battle of Moscow Georgy Zhukov launches a massive Soviet counter-attack against the German army, with the biggest offensive launched against Army Group Centre.