Thursday 5 December 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Galichon and Stanisław Bareja.
Glorifying the American Girl, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1929 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Francis Galichon: Neuilly sur seine EXecutives.
- Stanisław Bareja: Polish actor director and screenwriter (d. 1987).
- Madis Kõiv: Estonian physicist philosopher and author (d. 2014).
- 1st US nudist organization (American League for Physical Culture, NYC)
- First US nudist organization (American League for Physical Culture, New York City, New York).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?