Wednesday 5 January 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wild Within.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army Corps of Hell or Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 January 2011 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 January
- (to January 9) In Tampa, Florida, Heritage Numismatic Auctions conducts coin auctions at the FUN convention.
- A 17-year-old student at Millard South High School, in Omaha, Nebraska, shoots an assistant principal to death and wounds the school principal before turning the gun onto himself. (CNN)
- Clarence House confirms that Prince William and Catherine Middleton will be married by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams. Sky News
- Swedish actor Per Oscarsson and his wife Kia Östling are confirmed dead by dental records after a fire destroyed the couple's house in Skara and the couple perished on December 30, 2010. (The Local)
- Iran and India develop a stop-gap plan to continue the flow of oil from the former to the latter, and payments in the opposite direction, days after India withdrew from the Asian Clearing Union. The new plan involves payments through the EIH Bank, in Hamburg, Germany. (Domain-b)
- A Malaysian coroner records an open verdict in the death of opposition aide Teoh Beng Hock, who fell from the roof of the anti-corruption commission building in July 2009. (''Malaysia Star'')
- Police investigating the murder of Joanna Yeates make a fresh appeal for information, saying that when discovered, her fully clothed body was missing a sock which may hold important clues. (BBC)
- In the UK 33 people are convicted for their part in an £80m drugs and money laundering operation. They include Simon Ford, a firefighter commended for his actions during the 7 July London bombings. (BBC)
- The 112th United States Congress is convened. Republican Representative John Boehner of Ohio is elected Speaker of the House of Representatives, succeeding Democrat Nancy Pelosi of California. (Reuters)
- The funeral for murdered Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer takes place in Lahore, Pakistan. (BBC)
- A Tunisian protester who set himself alight in unrest that sparked further protests across the country dies of his injuries. (Reuters)
- The Nigerian opposition Congress for Progressive Change party select former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari as its presidential candidate for April elections. (Reuters)
- Kuwaiti Prime Minister Nasser Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah narrowly survives a no confidence vote, following a crackdown at an opposition demonstration in December. (Al Jazeera)
- The 2011 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in Buffalo, U.S.A. ends with Russia defeating Canada 5-3, marking the first time Russia has won a gold medal since 2003. The host American team defeats Sweden in the bronze medal game. (NHL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 January 2011
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Arsenal - Man City : 0 - 0
- Aston Villa - Sunderland : 0 - 1
- Blackburn - Liverpool : 3 - 1
- Bolton - Wigan : 1 - 1
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- AEK - Kerkyra : 0 - 0
- Asteras Tripolis - Ergotelis : 3 - 0
- Olympiakos - Iraklis : 2 - 0
- Olympiakos Volou - Panionios : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?