Tuesday 5 March 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Tobin and Halsey S Colchester.
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1918 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- James Tobin: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002).
- Halsey S Colchester: British SAS / spy (MI6) / priest.
- Tadahiko Hayashi: Japanese photographer (d. 1990).
- Milt Schmidt: Canadian ice hockey player, coach and manager.
- Red Storey: Canadian football player referee and sportscaster (d. 2006).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?